Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

Is it wrong to declaw my girlfriends cat when she's at work?

My girlfriend cat is scratching all of my furniture. I have handmade furniture that I bought from IKEA. The back of my couch has scratches from her cat and it ties the whole room together.

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

No, It s not wrong, Oh! and buy the way, cut your balls off when your having the cats claws taken off, you ll feel the cats pain.

• 4 months ago

If you did that to my cat, I would press charges against you. You have no right.

• 4 months ago

NO. First of all, there is a reason that cats have claws. If you don’t like it scratching furniture then I suggest buying a cat tower that it can scratch instead. Second of all, your girlfriend may not want the cat to be declawed, and you doing it while she’s at work and not asking her first is very wrong.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Nope, it is not. Her cat is your cat. Your cat is the cat of the people. Feel free to do whatever you want as your property is the property of every working man.

Source(s): Communism
    • Rebecca4 months agoReport

You can buy a furniture protector from scratching cats like that.
      https://ebay.to/32I6fy4
      https://ebay.to/2O8rmpS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Declawing is not illegal but should be used as a last resort. Use double sided tape in the places the cat is trying to scratch they don't like and won't scratch there, although if you don't get them a post or something they will find somewhere else to scratch.

• Arch
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Double sided tape. I never heard of that, but I can see it working. I'll try that. I've got a cat that likes to scratch door facings, of all things.

Even at that, I'd rather replace door facings that declaw a cat.

• 4 months ago

Your furniture from IKEA is not as valuable as you think it is. Move the back of your couch 6 inches from the wall so nobody can see the scratch marks. You wouldn't cut your kid's finger tips off. Get some of the cat repellant stuff and spray it on the places you don't want your cat defacing.

• 4 months ago

Yes, it would be wrong. The cat is not yours, and she could take you to court if you were to do that without her permission.

• 4 months ago

It's wrong to declaw cats period.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

De clawing is illegal most places because it is so agonizingly painful for the cat and cruel. Imagine if your fingers were cut off at the middle knuckle. That is how they do the de-clawing. The cat will never walk right again from the pain and can never defend itself in fights. DO NOT even consider it. Get logs for the cat to scratch and put them where there is tile so it's easy to sweep up. Don't buy a fabric covered scratching post as the cat will assume all fabric is good. Cats need to scratch to keep the nails from getting too long.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

It’s her cat, you should ask her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.