Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 4 months ago

Is it wrong to declaw my girlfriends cat when she's at work?

My girlfriend cat is scratching all of my furniture. I have handmade furniture that I bought from IKEA. The back of my couch has scratches from her cat and it ties the whole room together.

No, It s not wrong, Oh! and buy the way, cut your balls off when your having the cats claws taken off, you ll feel the cats pain.

If you did that to my cat, I would press charges against you. You have no right.

NO. First of all, there is a reason that cats have claws. If you don’t like it scratching furniture then I suggest buying a cat tower that it can scratch instead. Second of all, your girlfriend may not want the cat to be declawed, and you doing it while she’s at work and not asking her first is very wrong.

Nope, it is not. Her cat is your cat. Your cat is the cat of the people. Feel free to do whatever you want as your property is the property of every working man.

Source(s): Communism
    • Rebecca4 months agoReport

You can buy a furniture protector from scratching cats like that.
      https://ebay.to/32I6fy4
      https://ebay.to/2O8rmpS

Declawing is not illegal but should be used as a last resort. Use double sided tape in the places the cat is trying to scratch they don't like and won't scratch there, although if you don't get them a post or something they will find somewhere else to scratch.

• Arch

Double sided tape. I never heard of that, but I can see it working. I'll try that. I've got a cat that likes to scratch door facings, of all things.

Even at that, I'd rather replace door facings that declaw a cat.

Your furniture from IKEA is not as valuable as you think it is. Move the back of your couch 6 inches from the wall so nobody can see the scratch marks. You wouldn't cut your kid's finger tips off. Get some of the cat repellant stuff and spray it on the places you don't want your cat defacing.

Yes, it would be wrong. The cat is not yours, and she could take you to court if you were to do that without her permission.

It's wrong to declaw cats period.

• mokrie

De clawing is illegal most places because it is so agonizingly painful for the cat and cruel. Imagine if your fingers were cut off at the middle knuckle. That is how they do the de-clawing. The cat will never walk right again from the pain and can never defend itself in fights. DO NOT even consider it. Get logs for the cat to scratch and put them where there is tile so it's easy to sweep up. Don't buy a fabric covered scratching post as the cat will assume all fabric is good. Cats need to scratch to keep the nails from getting too long.

It’s her cat, you should ask her.