Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Hey. Where are the flying cars, and the big futuristic buildings? This is 2019? Looks more like 1991?

What the **** is up with this ****? 2019. Pftt. Sci-fi movies said it was going to be cooler than this.

Update:

I mean..... we have cell phones.... but I wanna see some Blade Runner ****.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

1984 wasn't like "1984". Though we're getting closer now.

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

science fiction in general, and especially the cheesy science fiction you get in the movies, is intended to be entertainment, not prophecy

if you're stupid enough to think anyone who writes this stuff really thinks they know what the world is going to be like 20 or 50 or 100 years from now, well, there's your problem right there

also, i'd point out that, however crappy the future might be (and it can definitely get a whole lot worse than what you think it is now, real quick), it's only going to become what the people who came before, made it into.

or, in other words, if you don't like the world you're coming to live in, there's no need to blame some flashy movie from decades ago.

not when it's you, and the people around you, who made this crappy future into what it is now.

not me though. nope.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Dude in NYC for example they are building multiple buildings that are over 1,200 feet tall. Chicago and LA are about to also. Truly creative and artistic things are going on now in architecture.

• We're too concerned with what gods other people worship and what politicians they agree with to get that far.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

I agree.

When 1 was in the 1st grade back in the 80s my teacher said that by the time my class learned to drive we would be learning on (and I remember this very well) boats that would be floating in the sky, traveling at near the speed of light.

I am still waiting for my light speed airboat.

• 4 months ago

I'm of the same mind. The future is trash.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.