Anonymous

How do I become an investment banker without going through training for it?

I want to become an investment banker but I don't want to go through school for it. I just want to show up and receive on the job training just like they do at Domino's.

How do I go about doing this?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Sam
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You have to know what you are doing. Its starts with getting a degree, and then years of learning on the job after that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you don't........

• 6 months ago

You do not.

In order to be an investment banker, you need to first graduate college with a 3.0 or better in Financial Management. You also need a minor in accounting.

THEN you need to work as an intern in a bank for several years before they move you to investments.

THEN you need to work successfully in the investment department until you are good enough that you can be assigned to a group of investment clients as an investment relationship banker.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

In the UK you will need a finance/Economics degree preferably a 1st.

You then apply to the banks. If you are lucky enough to get an interview, you take an exam. If you get through that, you have a face to face interview. Some banks require another exam, background check be fore you are offered a job.

Only then does training start.

So start studying.

UK

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • hamel5
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Just go up to the reception desk and ask for an application. ( Maybe they have one of those application terminals , like they do at Target. ) Wear your best chinos and you're on your way

• 7 months ago

Hope daddy owns a bank....

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Seriously? An investment banker? You can get on the job training with zero education and zero credentials at a minimum wage job, not much anywhere else. If you don't like Dominos, try McDonalds or Burger King. Maybe you can get lucky and get a cashier's job at Target or Walmart.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

You have to have the education and qualifications. Sorry it's not going to happen for you, you are way too undereducated and unqualified. Good luck SpArky!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.