Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Why am I so untalented?

I'm 15, I'm a freshman in high school and I'm going to be a junior in August. It feels like everyone my age is good at something and excelling at the thing they're good at, meanwhile I haven't accomplished anything. I've never had a boyfriend, I've never had my first kiss, I don't even have a car yet, I can't draw, I can't write like I thought I could, I can't do math, I can't build, I can't do sports, I'm unintelligent, I'm ugly, I'm friendless, I'm shy, I'm fat, I haven't done anything big or exciting with my life, and I'm uncreative. I'm kinda hopeless if I'm being honest. Everyone has something they're good at or something they like doing or something that makes them happy and I'm not good at anything, I don't know what I like, and almost nothing makes me happy. Sometimes it feels like I feel nothing at all. It feels like I know nothing about myself. I'm a boring person in general. I even had a few old friends call me boring which I already know because of my lack of interest in things around me. I thought I knew what I wanted to do with my life, but now I'm not sure. Once I turn 16 I'm gonna have to figure out WHAT I want for myself since the teachers at school stress about how important college and careers are. But that's kind of hard since I never know what I actually want. Not only that, but I don't know what my life purpose even is. Am I going to be useless and untalented forever?

Favorite Answer

B.S.

Everyone is good at something(s).

Wat ur good at is just not as obvious as some of that other stuff like sports.

For example, u r self reflective enough to write this thoughtful, philosophical, and dare I say even moving question on Yahoo Answers.

U say u "can't write like u thought u could," but u clearly CAN write. Ur definitely better at it than many ppl ur age. It may not feel special to u because u already have that talent, but trust me, no 1 ever truly appreciates the talent they have.

Hang in there kiddo.

• j153e

Give a read to Shaunti Feldhahn's "For Couples Only" for basic and good grounding in "relationships."

Give a read to "Worthless: The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major" for good perspective, and check https://www.rwm.org for practical programs.

Read "Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul" and "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive" for encouragement. Be patient with yourself.

Please swap your can’ts for haven’ts.

And consider how many things you have to look

Forward too.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source;) Study Informal

It might FEEL like that, but it is not true. Think of what you can do, instead of what you can not.