Does a past due college bill go against your credit?

I attended a summer session at a different school and did not finish and I owe the school about $2,000 for the one class. While, I am paying it as much as I can whenever I can because I don't need the transcript or the grade since I never finished and I don't make that much Money an hour as a summer sales associate , does the bill go against my credit the longer it takes me to pay it or if I don't pay at all?

Yes it will most likely.

If you do not make a payment plan & stick to it rigorously to pay it off in full, it goes to collections. You can expect interest, penalties, collections agency fees, etc, to about triple that $2k bill to more like $6k. And that's extremely hazardous to your credit, as well as to any future attempt you might make to further your education, training.

• A.J.

Once a year, from each agency, you can get a free credit report. If it's on the report, it counts.

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action

• Lili

It will if the school turns it over to a collection agency.

If not, if they recognize that you are making a good-faith effort to pay, they won't do anything to report you to credit agencies, and you may be OK.

But for God's sake, discuss this with the Bursar's Office to be sure that your good-faith efforts to pay will protect you.

Punjabi?????????