Would most men hit their wives/girlfriends for cheating?

A lot of men, including the ones in America, seem to think cheating is the worst thing a woman can do and some abusive men would even murder their woman if he even suspects them of cheating.

But do men realize that men cheat as well? If men think women should be beaten or harmed if they cheat, should cheating men deserve the same treatment?

Favorite Answer

No one deserves to be beaten for that. It takes a certain piece of **** to think it's ok to put their hands on someone for that reason.

Guys can be pretty stoic about a lot of things. They can lose their jobs, their money, their health, etc. But there are two things that usually send guys off the rails. One is the death of their child and the other is their woman stepping out on them. Guys who you would think would handle it calmly and rationally can completely lose it and people die. In their mind, that kind of betrayal completely emasculates them and they take it very, very badly. Sometimes women do the same thing. What Lorena Bobbitt did to her husband is not rare at all in the U.S.

• Foofa

Statistically males are more likely to lash out at their female partners for infidelity while women are more likely to blame themselves and the other woman. But there are plenty of misguided men who also attack the men they believe their partners are cheating with. The human condition is a complex one.

• so

It is legal for women and men to have sex with other people. More than 50% of people have sex with others during their marriage. It should be considered as normal. Hitting is not legal.

Jeeze...what is it with al this violence in modern society ? Your wife wants to cheat ?....that is OK....you can arrange for her to cheat some more...just bring some guys round and she can cheat with them...while you collect payment from them...now what would they call that in modern speak...a cheating fascilitator ??

• If a woman cheats on me, I tell her to pack her stuff and leave. I will not abuse her for it because 1. It's morally wrong and 2, She will be back when things get rough.

Nobody should hit anybody. It's illegal and it's rare.

• Elana

MOST men would NOT hit their wives or girlfriends for cheating. Those that did are pretty likely to suffer legal issues.

When men hit women, they are more likely to go to jail.

Consequently, women are going to be more likely to lash out when cheated on.

EDIT: I'm not saying there aren't men who would do this, but can you imagine any quicker way to make a bad situation worse? He hits her, even though she is the cheater, he goes to jail. If he cheated and she hit him, feminists would claim some sort of diminished capacity if he ever managed to get the police to treat him seriously.

I think feminism has the world believing that domestic violence is more common THAN NOT. That is, that most heterosexual relationships are physically abusive. That's wrong. It's bad, but it isn't the norm.

And if you disagree, please show me a reasonable credible source showing statistics saying otherwise.

Moreover, women are as or more likely to hit men than men to hit women according to an ever increasing number of studies on domestic violence. True, when men hit women, women are more likely to be hurt badly and more likely to be considered victims, but women are as or more likely to strike out. What makes you think that wouldn't be true when she finds out he's been cheating?

Most men (that is to say, more men than not, as feminists don't seem to understand the definition of "most" in this context any more) would not hit their spouse or girlfriend ***EVER***.

Certainly bad words would be said (while they're still legal), but physical abuse? The MAJORITY? Aw hell no.

• K M

I think that a lot of men would hit their wife if they cheated. Not me though. I think that it's a woman's gift to give, not a man's gift to take. I know it's unconventional, but my opinion is that it's much more serious when a man cheats on his wife. Why would she want something that has been put into who knows what! A woman takes care of herself and uses much more discretion when she cheats. A husband should cherish his wife, and do all in his power to make her happy. If she decides to share her body with him, he should be grateful about it. And he should always use his mouth! Even if she's been out partying with her friends!

I love trash!!!!!