maria asked in SportsMartial Arts · 6 months ago

Any beginners advice for Jiu Jitsu? White belt started around 5 weeks ago. I keep repeating 3 like “submissions” I think and it’s getting 😣?

when you first start you will just learn techniques and roll over and over. the stuff they teach you is useful against beginners but when you roll against higher belts you will find a huge hole in your game. you need to learn all about grip fighting. every techniques starts with obtaining grips so its on of the important concepts. without knowing about this stuff theres no way to defened against the higher belts like purple and blue. also focus more on the different positions more then just what they teach. theres more then just mount, side control, north south, guard etc. for example when someones in your guard dont let them posture up and focus on getting under hooks or at least pulling their head down. try and control the pace so you dont get tired.

This IS NOT the complaint department. Call someone who gives a shyt!

• maria6 months agoReport

“tHiS iS nOt ThE CoMpLAinT dePaRtmEnT” Lol why you on anonymous though hmmm🤔 I was just asking for advice since I’m new, I was NOT complaining. Learn the difference;)