Dr. Jon Stevens asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

How can I put down my dog safely at home?

I am a vegan and personally dont want to bring my dog of 5 years to some institution where they kill animals, so i wanna do this humanely at home with zero chance to make a mistake

Favorite Answer

Then let your dog die naturally, with no help from you or any one else.

Only a qualified vet can tell you what's wrong with your pet. You're let may or may not be in pain. If the vet suggest you have it put down. It is quick and painless. And it is humane. You don't have to eat it. Please get it to a proper qualified vet asap. Letting it die on its own is painful. If you can't afford the vets set up a go fund me page. And tell people about it. I would chip in as well. I hope you make the right choice. You could be putting down a pet in pain who will die in pain. Or you could be putting down a healthy pet. Just take it to the vets and see what they tell you. If you want the humane and painless way have your vet put it down. Or inhumane and let it die in pain. I hope I made this clear

You suck at being a troll.

Why are you wanting to put down a 5 year old dog? Is the dog in pain or suffering? Why not rehome the dog? And what does being vegan have to do?

Must be a troll asking a daft question like that. What being a vegan has to do with it I have no idea. Perhaps you would care to inform me. I have had three dogs and several cats put down over the years. All went peacefully with the assistance of the vet.

Vegan, whats bein vegan got to do with it, get the damn animal some preffessional help, its suffering, you hippie fu**

You find a vet who will make house calls.

• Carson

What's wrong with your dog that it must be euthanized?

• 6 months agoReport

Yea but she is not a vet. Only a qualified get can tell you what's wrong with your pet

There are Vets that will come to your home to humanely put the dog to sleep. Just have to call around to find one that will.

You cannot, by law, kill your pet, regardless of the reason. Take your dog to a Vet clinic & have them put the dog to sleep.

• Lee6 months agoReport

You being a vegan has nothing to do with it. Your either too cheap to have put it to sleep or too lazy to rehome it. My son & daughter in-law are both vegans. They had a dog who had cancer & had the dog put to sleep in his own home. It was familiar to him & they didn't want him to be comfortable.

There are veterinarians who will make house calls for this final act - to allow your dog to pass peacefully, in familiar surroundings. Call around.

EDIT:

What does being vegan have to do with it? If your dog is suffering, with no hope of recovery, you man up and do what needs to be done. Otherwise, you're just being cruel.

• ChemFlunky

That just means you won't eat your dog after you kill it. It doesn't mean you can't call a vet to have your (presumably ill) animal put to sleep humanely.