Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 5 months ago

Will peppermint tea help keep food poisoning at bay if I think I ate something bad?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Drinking peppermint or herbal tea will not abate the symptoms of food poisoning. It is not an anti-emetic. It cannot stop you from vomiting or having loose bowels. It might calm your stomach down after you are done with the food poisoning but it won't do a single thing to prevent it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It might help with the vomiting, it wont stop you from having food poisoning. And if you've eaten something likely to poison you, its better to vomit it up than have it completely shut down your digestive system.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

That'll just make the vomit smell better. Throwing it up is a pretty good solution.

• Ramona
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Peppermint can be a funny thing. It is known to soothe the tummy but it also relaxes the stomach muscles to the point where the valve that prevents things from escaping your tummy like acid will ensue.

If you have mild food poisoning where you have diarrhea and upset stomach, I'd eat toast or unsalted saltines to absorb the excess of the bacteria and bile.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Putting finger down your throat to throw up might help ...peppermint tea I doubt will do anything for such problem .

• Mark
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

No, it won't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.