Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 months ago

Which name- Jane, Julia, or Bridget? Opinions on each?

Jane or Julia are both fine, classic names. I don't really like Bridget.

I like Jane. It's very classical. When you say it with the right attitude you find it has a beautiful sound to it. It's the type of name that can go with just about any middle name, though I personally would not pair it with Grace.

Jane Alexandra, Jane Elizabeth, Jane Mary, Jane Marie, Jane Marie Dawn, Jane Thomasina, Jane Veronica, Jane Ellen, Jane Andrea ....

Julia - I like Julie much better.

Bridget - not at all.

• Snid

Jane~ A classic. it's plain but still nice. Common as a middle name.

Julia is lovely but a bit dated.

Bridget is too silly for me.

Julia - if you chose jane maybe a middle name needs to go with as it just seems too short - and bridget seems like a middle aged woman's name who lives around the corner

Jane -- I really like this, people always think it's too plain but I find it understated and elegant. I especially like it as a middle name. It's similar to Jade which is popular, but much classier.

Julia -- In theory I should love this name as it fits my style exactly (classic, feminine, elegant and uncommon). But it's never been a favourite of mine.

Bridget -- A bit dated and clunky sounding to me. But it's sensible and has a vintage feel, so not a bad name choice.

My pick would be Jane.

Jane : way to plain and too 1950s.

Bridget: don’t hear much but not my favorite sound

Julia: pretty but I’d modernize it to Juliana

• Ramona

Julia is too worn thin, I know too many Julies. Bridget is a very old fashion name, some names like that one just can't make a comeback, it's matched with the name Birtha. When I hear that name, it reminds me of a big butted girl or one who needs to be burped a lot.

However, I do like Jane. Jane is very versatile. A girl named jane can be plain but then she might suprise you and be the exciting type who's artistic or just naturally smart or a social butterfly. Either or, she can fit into her name nicely.

I like Jane & Julia. Bridget is not my favorite. Knew too many in the 60's.