What should I do?

I was involved in a car accident a month ago and I’ve received two letters from the other party’s insurance and have been calling them for A MONTH and kept getting sent to voicemail. I’ve left voicemails repeatedly but no response. I was involved in a collision; a driver on the right of me caused me to swerve and... show more I was involved in a car accident a month ago and I’ve received two letters from the other party’s insurance and have been calling them for A MONTH and kept getting sent to voicemail. I’ve left voicemails repeatedly but no response. I was involved in a collision; a driver on the right of me caused me to swerve and the car on the left. The car on the right of me didn’t actually touch my car because I moved out the way but we were all getting ready to pull over but the car on the right sped off and I was following him and my friend signaled for the other car to follow so every party involved left the scene without exchanging anything. Nobody got out the car to see the damage, and I don’t even know the model of the car besides it’s color. We eventually lost the car I hit but I finally got the other car to pull over. The cop came and let the car we were chasing go because he can’t prove anything. So I’m left to deal with the insurance of the car on the right and I didn’t have insurance at the time. The cop said something about me doing a hit and run so I’m kind of scared now. The car I hit probably got my plate number so that’s how his insurance found me. I’ve been trying to cooperate with their insurance but nobody has responded to me. What do I do? How do I get out of this?
7 answers 7