Doris asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

My cat is acting afraid and not eating or drinking unless placed in front of her. She is drinking a lot of water. Has anyone had this issue?

She uses the litter box only after I place her in it. She has gone pee twice and I broke it apart to check for blood but it seems normal. She has not gone poo today. I will call her vet tomorrow if her behavior does not change. I carried her outside and she hid behind my flower pot and started panting for like 3 seconds and stopped. I have never seen her hide on my balcony or pant that way in the 6 yrs I have had her. She loves going outside and watching squirrels.

• pmt853
    Favorite Answer

Could be a kidnet problem as many older cats suffer fro this, she may need a vaso-dilator but you need to take her to the vet.

Your cat needs to see a vet asap.

Her age would have been helpful.

VET. ASAP.

• Doris6 months agoReport

She is 6 yrs old. She is better today walking around and drinking on her own and using the litter box. Still no poo. She did run and hide when I turned the kitchen faucet on to get her fresh water. Also, no panting today.

• PAMELA

Ask a vet about it.

Could be diabetes.