I’m Canadian 18 with a G2 licence. my family is taking a road trip to Hollywood Flordia. Am I allowed to drive there by myself, Thanks.?

2 Answers

  • 6 months ago

    Along the wat y to Florida in each state you and all the other drivers are under both Ontario law and the law of a similar licence of the STATE you are driving.

    It is a combination of both sets of rules.

    YOU are a NEW driver and have things like curfew from Ontario.. that curfew and if one in Florida BOTH apply to you. the combination most restrictive if they are different.

    G2 Restrictions And Driving Rules

    12 Month Practice Period : You may practice with your G2 licence for 12 months, without the need for another experienced driver in the vehicle, on any Ontario roads, at any time.

    Zero Blood Alcohol : You must maintain a zero blood alcohol level.

    All Passengers Must Wear Seatbelts : You must carry only as many passengers as there are working seatbelts.

    Additional G2 Restrictions For Drivers 19 And Under

    Ontario G, G1, G2 Drivers Licence Restrictions

    Night Driving Restrictions For First 6 Months : You must drive for the first six months with only one passenger who is 19 or under between midnight and 5 a.m.

    Night Driving Restrictions After 6 Months : You may drive after the first six months with up to three passengers 19 or under between midnight and 5 a.m.

    Night Driving Restrictions Exceptions : These conditions do not apply if you have a fully licenced driver in the car (with at least four years driving experience) OR if your passengers are all immediate family members such as a parent, brother or sister.

    Florida new driver restrictions.


    You can look up the other states.along the route.

    You do not have a CANADA licence you have a licence from a particular province.When out of province you are under your province and the other place laws for a similar licence.. This rule is for ALL DRIVERS all ages..

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    i would call the drnv and ask thern this question

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.