Kelsey asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

Is there a phobia of shaking washers?

I m not scared of washers, only when they shake. When they do, I have a meltdown. I cry and my anxiety kicks in. If I m home alone I let it shake so I don t see it or hear it. If I m with family, I ask them to shut it off. I m also scared dryer, mostly when they are new or not working correctly. I don t know why, but it really scare me.

• falcon

Go talk with a professional and cure yourself .complaining that you have a phobia/s will not get you nowhere .Why should your family suffer because you are sick? if you underage let your parent assign you to a therapist .

A shaking washer would be terrifying to a small child. It's a big, noisy machine jerking around like some monster. Perhaps that happened when you were a small child. It's not nothing when you're an adult either - it appears like it might break, or lurch out of place, or go on fire, whatever. Good news is, it's not supposed to shake. Someone could probably fix that in five minutes.

Good on you for being brave enough to share

Your fears, please ask your parents what they

Think thanks, ok.

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) Study

you rnightve had a bad experience with one, rnaybe you should get sorne counseling, it rnight help you out

• Brian

Ablutophobia is the Fear of Washing, Mechanophobia- Fear of machines. You can combine the two to get Ablutomechanophoba.