Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

someone called a couple of pics of me very ugly almost 2 weeks ago and I am still upset! is this normal?

It has been almost 2 weeks since a stranger that was complimenting other peoples pics online said that my 2 pics were very ugly. I am a female so naturally this was very upsetting as it would be to any female to hear that but it has now been almost 2 weeks and I am still sad about it and it still affects my confidence.

Is this normal for me to still feel awful about myself after all of this time?

How long should it take for me to feel better? and are there any tips on how I can? I am afraid to post pics of me even on Facebook now

Will give a best answer

also..in case this matters, I believe the person that called me ugly was a man.

• Ramona
    Favorite Answer

It still affects you because you haven't found a way to sort out your thoughts and feelings. People try to sweep their feelings under the rug thinking time will make me feel better or if I ignore the problem it will go away, kind of like "fake feeling better until you feel better" These tactics never work.

I want you to look in the mirror and take a really good long look. I want you to point out all the things you like about your face. You might have pretty almond-shaped eyes, or freckles, or the way your lips have a cute little cupids bow on your top lip. look at the texture of your skin or the color of it, perhaps you have dimples or when you smile your face brightens up and you look even cuter.

How did you feel about your face before the comment you got from that person? Where you satisfied or even preferred your looks?

Who are you as a person? Are you kind, do your friends like you, does your family love you just for being you?

Has no one ever made a negative comment about your looks before?

Do you believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder? This means that some will form opinions of your look and who you are as a person. They will either find you cute as a button, or beautiful, or even average or not attractive at all. These opinions are THEIR opinions but though some opinions will be complimentary, they still don't hold up next to how you feel about yourself.

You are a work of art. Not everyone will dig that art while others will find you breathless.

Work on answering all these questions and beliving them. I'm sure you have had your own versions on what you consider what is lovely and what isn't but you'll notice that others will love that which you don't or can't. This is just a part of accepting preferences.

Do understand that what that person said to you is cruel and so mean and unnecessary. Learn this fact which is, people like that have issues in their own looks. They put so much emphasis on looks yet they aren't too pleased with what they have of themselves so they put that heavy/look importance, onto you. You work on not becoming like that person, you learn to love what you have.

Keep feeding yourself good thoughts hun.

• Ramona

You're welcome. Hun, I hope you feel better soon. I want you to (when you are ready) start posting your pictures again. Take back your confidence from that person who took it. they don't deserve any part of you. (((HUGS)))

the dark side of social media

If you depend upon complete strangers who don't know you at all to evaluate your attractiveness, I'd say the bigger problem isn't what he said, but how vulnerable you are about your own self image. That is the real issue, and what you need to do is develop self confidence and keep away from posting things on the internet.

No one is here to validate you. Learn from this. Learn what you say? Learn that trolling for compliments and validation on the Internet will almost always backfire on you.

• Dawn6 months agoReport

Thankyou!

Do you think you are ugly? Most likely the guy (?) was just yanking your chain. If you posted your picture online, I'm sure you are stunning.

• Dawn6 months agoReport

thankyou!