Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

Can an orgasm make a inguinal hernia worse? what is your experience?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

no.. before, during and after an orgasm may feel like a pressure was building up before relief, but the ejaculation in men (also in women at some degree) is caused by the action of Bulbospongiosus and Ischiocavernosus muscles (and the vestigial counterparts in women) which would not contribute much in making inguinal hernia worse..

it would be like blaming a child (one child) for causing the Global Warming - because technically, every human produces CO2 that contribute to climate change.. but is that one child is responsible for climate change?? noo!!

however, sex and sometimes masturbation can increase the intra-abdominal pressure that would definitely will make inguinal hernia worse.. hernias are formed when there are too much pressure in one place than the other.. inguinal hernias often made worse by lifting a heavy load, because the strong abdominal muscles (20x times larger and stronger than the previous muscles) pushe against the internal organs that has nowhere to go but into the weakest points over our abdomen, such as inguinal and umbilical orifices (of which we would get inguinal hernias and umbilical hernia).. certain sex positions can contribute to the increase of pressure inside the abdomen (intra-abdominal pressure), especially, if laying on the tummy or if someone heavy is sleeping on the abdomen..

my experience?..

retired medical doctor who have read about those thing..

all the best

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

It makes my umbilical one worse. Big nut! For days, the longer I've had it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It sounds very possible

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.