Lacey asked in PetsDogs · 7 months ago

St.benard dog toys?? My 9 month st.benard puppy chews threw her kong toys in hours?

I have tried kong, kong ballistic, mammoth, kong extreme, benebone, and nylabone.. the kong extreme rubber ones are good but she gets bored of those ones. She love the kong squeeze balls but there destroyed within minutes and she loves her kong cozies and she only sleeps woth that she it looks brand new

I was going to suggest Nylabone which generally lasts a long time with my guys but even then, eventually they have to be dumped once bits start to come off. I suppose she's teething at the moment, so what you might do is make a flannel or other rag wet and freeze it before giving it to her. If it's just a rag, it won't matter if she destroys it, provided she doesn't SWALLOW it of course. If her gums are sore, your vet can give you something to help.

• Maxi

Make friends with your butcher and ask for marrow bones, she won't chew through them

• Verulam 1

From experience, she might but I agree she would be less likely to do that. I take some of the marrow out if mine have these, because it's very rich.

Try giving your puppy an elk antler (8 to 12 inches long) to chew on; bought in a pet store or in a pet catalog. I like the Antlerz brand. Do NOT buy the split (or cut in half type) that show the marrow-like interior. They can be chewed up much faster.... than the whole or fully round ones.