Could I have Tetanus?

Last Friday I cut my finger on a rusty nail and started googling tetanus and freaked myself out. This Monday I went to the dentist and had loads of x rays, and an exam done on my teeth, no cleaning. That Monday I also went swimming and got tons of water in my right ear. Now I went to the doctor on Tuesday to get... show more Last Friday I cut my finger on a rusty nail and started googling tetanus and freaked myself out. This Monday I went to the dentist and had loads of x rays, and an exam done on my teeth, no cleaning. That Monday I also went swimming and got tons of water in my right ear. Now I went to the doctor on Tuesday to get the wound looked at told them my jaw was hurting only on the right side I had gone to the dentist the previous day and had cut my finger on a rusty nail the previous Friday. They took my blood pressure, temperate and looked at the wound. All looks normal. The would is really small and is starting to heal. It was tender to the touch for a couple of days after the cut occurred but was fine and not red when the doctor looked at it. I told them I just got off my period and was having some muscle soreness. it had been 9 years since I got my last tetanus shot and decided to give me my booster and send me on my way. Today (Wednesday) I’m feeling extremely tired, I had one leg spasm that night (which also isn’t uncommon for me when I’m falling asleep), my throat is tingly, the right side of my jaw still hurts, my fingers on my left hand (which is NOT the hand I received the injury on) I’m feeling light headed and am having some very small not at all painful leg spasm behind my knee. I’m wondering if this is just a normal reaction from the tetanus booster or if I should go back in and see my doctor on the chance I may actually have tetanus.
2 answers 2