This is a very very faint line, I drank tons of water and it wasn’t my first pee. Does this count as a line to be pregnant maybe?

6 DPO, period in 6 days. Light dull cramps and I feel ugh.. help!??!!!? I don’t wanna over think it

Favorite Answer

EPT

Faint lines are inconclusive which is negative. While hCG is a reliable marker of pregnancy, it cannot be detected until after implantation: this results in false negatives if the test is performed during the very early stages of pregnancy. The accuracy of a pregnancy test is most closely related to the day of ovulation, not of the act of intercourse or insemination that caused the pregnancy. It is normal for sperm to live up to five days in the fallopian tubes, waiting for ovulation to occur. It could take up to 12 further days for implantation to occur, meaning even the most sensitive pregnancy tests may give false negatives up to 17 days after the act that caused the pregnancy. Because some home pregnancy tests have high hCG detection thresholds (up to 100 mIU/mL), it may take an additional three or four days for hCG to rise to levels detectable by these tests — meaning false negatives may occur up to three weeks after the act of intercourse or insemination that causes pregnancy. *For a home pregnancy test to give you a positive result, your body has to be making a detectable level of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). **False positive, Spurious evaporation lines may appear on many home pregnancy tests if read after the suggested 3–5 minute window or reaction time, independent of an actual pregnancy. False positives may also appear on tests used past their expiration date.

Source(s): Nurse
  • helene

No. That's an indentation line, not a positive line.

• LizB

6 DPO is too early. It takes 6-12 days just for implantation to occur, and another 2-3 days for hCG to be high enough to be detectable with a home test.

Well, my advice is have more sex and try the test again. Good luck!

Source(s): Savant dumbass