Paige asked in EnvironmentConservation · 6 months ago

Urgently in need of advice!?

Next to my work, we are having a new supermarket built. They've cut down a bit area of grass and trees to do this. Every day and night either driving or walking to work, I see dead wildlife. There has to be something I can do or someone to contact. Seeing this daily kills me and I've studied animal at college for a certain amount of years. Please give me some advice of there is anything I could do just to save a few lifes. Thank you

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

This is called 'roadkill'. You can recycle most of it, by cooking and eating it. (Not badgers though, in the UK. There is a law against it).

• Login to reply the answers
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Too late. The time to act was when the project was in the planning stage. About all that could be done would be live-trapping the excess wildlife (excess because of the lowered carrying capacity) and relocation of the individuals. Unfortunately, they would either die elsewhere or displace the wildlife already there.

• Mark
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Find out the local animal or rescue shelter in your area and let them know.

• 6 months ago

Well, there's civil engineering now that can help to prevent this. You'd have to work with several groups--Sierra, WWF, and other eco/animal habitat groups to put pressure on the city to re-engineer or modify with natural pass-over ways for habitat, etc.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.