How long do credit card companies have to approve or deny applications?

I applied for a capitol one savor one card on June 8th after getting “very good” approval odds on credit karma. I did not get immediate approval because I needed to provide income verification. I faxed this information on June 21st and called to verify the documents were recieved on June 24th which I was told they... show more I applied for a capitol one savor one card on June 8th after getting “very good” approval odds on credit karma. I did not get immediate approval because I needed to provide income verification. I faxed this information on June 21st and called to verify the documents were recieved on June 24th which I was told they were. I was also told It could take 3 weeks for review. I called July 10th (1 day before the 3weeks) and was told it’s still under review and to call back Monday july 15th. I also confirmed again that my documents were recieved. I called today July 17th (now almost 4 weeks) and was told they didn’t see my documents had been sent and it was still under review. They first asked if I wanted to resend them and go through the “3 week” process all over again. I wanted to know why 2 different people, weeks apart, confirmed they received my documents and now they say they have not. I was put on hold and then told I should call back 3-5 business days as my case was going to a “specialist” (which they said they were doing the first time I called them). That would make it 34 days since I sent the verification documents and 47 days since my application. I read somewhere that stated they have to let you know whether you’re are approved within 30 days but I can’t find anything else on it. Can someone who has knowledge of the process please help? Thanks in advance!