Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 7 months ago

Do I have rabies?

This is gonna sound ridiculous but I am an EXTREME hypochondriac (currently talking to someone about it) and my dad made me take out the trash. When I got to the can, a bad in the can was ripped and a bunch of items were thrown out of the can. I put the items back into the can and instantly went inside to wash my hands. Then I questioned what if it was a rabid animal that somehow touched those bags with saliva and I was touching the saliva? I don't know how long ago it happened before I put the trash back in the can, but I washed my hands like a bazillion times and then put hand sanitizer on.

Update:

I meant to say bag, not bad.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, that is so low probability as to be zero. Rapid animals are not foraging for food, and the virus would not be infective in a trash can either.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Quickly satizing your hands and washing like you did makes the chances quite low, and you also should ask if you got rabies vaccine shot anytime before then

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Animals usually don’t get rabies. You’ll be fine. Even if you do, do not get the rabies vaccine.

Vaccines cause more harm than good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.