Fanfy asked in PetsReptiles · 7 months ago

there's a snake in my kitchen and i'm deathly afraid of them - what do i do?

it's 4am, i can't call animal control because we don't have that in my country (pakistan) and there's a snake lying in the middle of my kitchen floor. i have a huge snakephobia so i don't want to get anywhere near it and i am also too terrified to leave my kitchen. what on earth do i do now (on top of fall that, i'm home alone, too)

• mike m

Pakistan? Call a snake charmer.

Seek high ground and call the cops

Get a long object, like a broom. Gently poke at/near the snake to get it to move. Open a door, and chase the snake towards the door with the broom. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Alright, do you know what type of snake it is? Or if it’s venomous or not? Stay away from it if it is, and if it has a baby, it may try and attack you

Open a door nearby and try to get them out (by scaring them or whatnot).

I think your biggest concern should be protecting yourself. Wear socks, denim, long pants, thick pants, layers are good. Make sure that if you get bitten, it doesn’t kill you.

I live in Thailand, a country with a LOT of snakes. Long sleeves, gloves and whatnot will usually protect you. Don’t make any sudden movements - that scares them into attacking.

If you could tell me their characteristics, I might be able to identify them.

Stay away from them and leave a door open, but make sure you know where they are or else you’re going to be in for a h o r r I b l e surprise

Call nine one one

update - to my luck, there is a SECOND SNAKE NOW. i'm pretty sure it's a baby snake and it's fast

Give me a best answer would be the first step. Then call police or anyone that can help you. Does any version of Animal Control exist?

• Fanfy7 months agoReport

not that i know f, but what good can the police do?