flowers asked in PetsReptiles · 6 months ago

What happens if I put multiple food blocks in my frog tank at once?

I'm going on a longer trip and I have no one to care for my frog. If I put two blocks of food in the tank when I leave, is there any chance that the food would last longer than only one block would?

Whether or not that would work probably depends, in large part, on how long of a trip that would be.

I am Not An Expert, but I'd imagine if you are just going to be gone for a week or so, your frog will probably be OK if you just give it extra food before you leave. If it's going to be longer than that, I really recommend you find *someone* to watch your frog for you, whether it's at your house or theirs. If you don't have any friends or family who'd be willing to do that, then find a pet store or a vet that offers boarding for herps.

Honestly, I'd suggest you have a friend or family member look after him while you're gone. Let them know how much your little guy means to you and hopefully they won't mind taking care of him. Good luck!

Your frog will get sick. Bring your pets with you.

• ChemFlunky

For most herps, that's a moderately terrible idea. Travel is super stressful for them, a lot moreso than a couple of days without food. If OP can get someone to come in and feed the frog even once a week or so, that's probably better than bringing it along.