Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 7 months ago

What should I do for my college transcript to stand out ?

Is community service good ? And what else can I add ?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • j153e
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Depends on several factors; one is that few admission officers value community service except as a tie-breaker.

Many ambitious applicants have been made aware of this, so there's a plethora of somewhat obligatory volunteer service for ambitious college applicants.

So if any community service is about equally out-standing, then the second factor is you. Are you genuinely interested in any help-the-world/neighborhood activity, such as Save the Whales, or Church activities? Then, do some of that, and, in your personal essay, explain why you care about that "cause." As another answerer said, using "passionate" can be an example of somewhat-insincere shtick. If you genuinely care about whales or God, etc., let your feelings inform your words.

If you're going to a liberal institution (which most U.S. colleges are, now), and you have two loves, e.g. whales and God, you'd likely be more likely to seen as fitting with the college if you recounted your whales work, rather than your volunteering for the Republican party or Church, etc. :-)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

just write down volunteer work or paid work

• 7 months ago

Be the only person in the entire universe who DOESN'T use the word 'passionate' in their transcript.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.