Is it normal, common, for people to lose friends during the teenage years, or after high school? to grow apart, drift apart, lose touch?

As in, is growing apart, drifting apart, going your separate ways, losing touch with childhood friends during the teenage years or after high school, is it a normal, common part of life? Just asking, because it happened to me, I want to know if this is not an unusual situation at all, do the majority of childhood... show more As in, is growing apart, drifting apart, going your separate ways, losing touch with childhood friends during the teenage years or after high school, is it a normal, common part of life?

Just asking, because it happened to me, I want to know if this is not an unusual situation at all, do the majority of childhood friends not last into adulthood?