Anonymous

Do you have any tips on how to handle this situation?

I’m working full time and this girl and I are supposed to be working on a project together. Its evident she can’t stand me and refuses to work with me on the project. She will not discuss any part of the project with me, hands proposals in to our boss without my knowledge which are WRONG then my boss comes to me to speak with me about it. It’s absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to work with her. When I try to speak to her she walks away from me like a 5 year old. It’s making me look REALLY BAD to our boss. He’s constantly wanting to talk about our proposal she’s sending emails etc without my knowledge and apparently told another worker she feels I’m beneath her because I’m a new employee and doesn’t want to work with me. Mind you I’ve been in the business for over 15 years this girl is 22 just out of college

This is a new position I just started in June and I’m not looking to come off like the drama queen of the company or come off as if I can’t get along with people. Should I say something to my boss? What should I say? I’ve never been in a situation in which a grown adult acts like they are 10.

Favorite Answer

Of course you should talk to your boss in private. Ask if it would be any trouble to talk to this person and find out why she will not work with you and why she sends the boss emails without cc you and if it is company policy for employees to sabotage another employee`s job by turning in wrong proposals and blaming you. Because it is harassment and HR should know about it

You need to discss this with your boss. Then the 3 of you sit down and discuss this. The boss should tell this girl that it's a team.

Explain to the boss what is happening. It is up to him to fix it, one way or another.

• Eva

You need to come clean with your boss. You can't keep taking the blame for what this other person does. If you can't sit down with her directly and come to some sort of understanding, you should have group meeting with your boss.