I'm looking for a recipe that I made in the mid '90's. It had Cauliflower, Broccoli, Lettuce, Tomatoes and Peas. .?

It was a 7 layer salad with Mayonnaise, Cayenne Pepper, that was put on top to seal it all in and it was to sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours. I'm missing a few ingredients to complete the layers. I want to make it for a family reunion coming up soon. Can you help please? Thank You!

• Favorite Answer

I'm guessing you are missing hard boiled eggs, cheddar cheese and bacon. Some onion somewhere - maybe just green onion sprinkled on top. Possibly another mix-in with the mayo like salad dressing mix or sugar.

I doubt you will ever find your exact recipe, but if you Google 7 layer salad you will find a ton of them and maybe something will trigger it for you. Almost all recipes point out that it is totally fair game to vary or add to the ingredients.

PS If you don't remember the exact ingredients, I bet your relatives won't either ;)

• James' Mom

Eggs, bacon bits and red onion! That's it. I'm pretty sure I didn't add any cheese. Thank You!!!!

The one I remember is iceberg lettuce-cheese-hard boiled eggs-peas-tomatoes-green onions-bacon, and dressing. The onions could be diced Vidalia, the peas might be sliced celery and the hard boiled eggs might be pasta because there were countless variations. The dressing didn't have to be all mayo, some added an equal part of sour cream with a Tablespoon of sugar for each cup of mixed dressing. Undoubtedly, someone used Miracle Whip, but let's not go there.

• Joe

I wouldn't know. You didn't invite me to your little dinner party in the 90's. You think I wouldn't remember your snub ? And now you have the gall to ask for my help ?? You know what you can do with your precious cauliflower....

• James' Mom

I sent you an invitation! Must have gotten lost in the mail. Everybody was asking about you!

30 seconds and google.there are lots of versions and you can put what ever you want in it.

forgot to add the link

https://www.gonnawantseconds.com/7-layer-salad/

• James' Mom

I tried that. Hence why I am asking!