There are only 2 classes. The working class and the capitalist class. Do you agree?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

i think there could be rnore than that

• 4 months ago

No, I do not. In the US we are all equal. Everyone who wants to works. We all engage in some form of free enterprise every day.

• 4 months ago

No. There are two classes - the rent seekers and capitalists.

In economics, rent-seeking is not referring to literal rent (as in for an apartment) but rather to anyone who seeks to exploit a situation to make profit without creating value. A company who business model revolves around the government mandating that people buy it's product or subsidizing it's product to make to sellable would be an example.

Rent-seekers are almost always tightly connected to the government and always advocate for an ever more powerful government to give them more money or make more people do business with them when they cannot earn that business through free markets.

The capitalists on the other hand seek no govt handouts but rather make good, or sell their labor fairly on the open market. They seek the highest return they can of course, but they sell willingly to willing buyers for a price the buyer freely agrees to pay. No govt coercion.

• 4 months ago

No. I do not agree. That is way too simplistic

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

You mean like 'the employers', and 'the employees' ? There are some people who fit both rolls. They might own one business that employs people while working for somebody else There are also those who inherit enough wealth that they do not have to work, but they do not bother to invest. There are people who are self employed .

There are also those who are unemployable.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

What about the "Leisure Class"?

• 4 months ago

I took an art class once. Made a cool ashtray.

Have you found that people who have a difficult time grasping complicated ideas have a need to break things down until they are meaningless and then put a label on them? It allows them to FEEL like they know what they are talking about. They can use the label, and without any real understanding of the topic, to spout meaningless phrases incessantly.

Conversation with these people turns into a verbal version of protest signs. Short meaningless phrases that are easy to remember, and no real understanding or details.

• 4 months ago

Nope.

There are four: the non-working subsistence class (e.g., the homeless), the working poor, the middle class, and the 1%.

• 4 months ago

Do I agree? Maybe. Maybe not.

You'll never know my answer :)

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Agree. The internet allowed a new guided age to happen

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.