Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Can a two dollar meal satiate an adult? What can I get for two dollars?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Dimo
    Lv 5
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Trivial, tonight I am making a skillet for dinner -- 12 oz ham (the half ham was $0.99/lb), 16 oz Yukon potato ($1.29), 12 oz Red Bell Pepper (1.89/lb), 12 ox sweet onion ($0.99/lb), 3 oz butter, a little salt and black pepper -- total about six bucks, serving 3 people. Change to green peppers, yellow onion and russet potato you can save 2 bucks -- $1.33 per person.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

You can buy a good size ham steak for around one dollar. A quarter buys enough peanut oil to fry it in. The other 50 cents buys four or five eggs. First, fry the ham in the peanut oil. then beat the eggs. then, pour the eggs in the pan. make a big ham omelet. The last twenty-five cents buys enough bread to eat it all with. It will fill you.

• james
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

1 fish 2/3rd LB. 1 bowl soup of the day, all you can eat rice, 1 bottle water small. $1 will get you a big plate of fried or flavored rice.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It will not.

A few pieces of fruit or a McDonald's hamburger (the original small burger). Or two donuts. IF you have a kitchen, you can prepare ramen noodles OR Kraft dinner for under $2.

But the only REAL food I've listed, the only healthy food ... is the fruit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Grocery - 1 lb pasta, 2 cans of tomatoes - about $2

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Baloney and bread at the dollar store. You can make 8 sandwiches, even better if you've collected mustard packets from delis. Fun fact, when you first get arrested, the police station offers you a mystery meat sandwich. One slice of meat, one slice of cheese and a milk carton. You then let the milk go sour so you can use it as a gross out bomb to torture your enemies.

If jail can feed you on $0.40/day, you can do the same.

• 6 months ago

Two ears of sweet corn from a farm stand. $1.00. A big russet potato, baked. $0.65. No meat but you are under two bucks and it will fill you up.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

happy meal at mcdonald

Attachment image
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

it rnight, you rnight be able to do that at rncdonalds

• 6 months ago

Not where I live. Two dollars will get you a coffee or a donut, but not both.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.