Shark
Lv 4
Shark asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

Heating fully cooked meatballs in a small skillet, is this possible?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I do it all the time. A bit of water and oil on the bottom so they don't stick and burn. Cut each one in half and lay them flat side down. Cover and place over a low flame. And don't keep taking the lid off. Let the heat build like an oven. They won't be done in a minute...it'll take maybe fifteen or twenty minutes. Be patient...go open the wine while you wait.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Of course its possible.

Start on low heat, add just a touch of water or broth, maybe 1/8 cup and cover. When the water is gone, bump up the heat and brown, shaking the pan to turn the meat balls.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes, I heat my frozen fully cooked meatballs in a deep, half covered pot with the sauce on low. Just watch the lid to control how watery or dry it's getting. How viscus is all up to personal preference.

• Olive
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Be better if heat them up in sauce pan but i suppose skillet will work but keep on low temp so wont end up frying them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GFH
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Yes. Just add a little liquid into the skillet before adding the meatballs

• 6 months ago

Sure

I would add a bit of sauce, broth or water to the pan. Put the meat balls in and heat it with the lid on gently until the meatballs are heated through.

Another way would be to steam them. Place the meat balls in a steamer basket or in a strainer over a pan of simmering water. Place the lid on the pan and they will steam without getting dry. This method will probably not take as long as the meatballs in broth since the steam will heat them faster.

• 6 months ago

Indubitably .

• CB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, a little oil or water depending on the type of skillet put on med/low cover and turn every 5- 10 minutes until heated through

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.