Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 6 months ago

Can i tell my obgyn to tell my mom something different?

I’m 19 and 3 months ago i was treated for gonnorhea. well my bf and i had sex again when we got back together and the next morning i was having yellow discharge. a week after that it was still yellow sometimes and had a slight fishy odor to it. i set a std testing appointment for tomorrow but i don’t want my mom to know the results. can i tell my dr after they do the test to tell her something different if they call and she answers? also what do you think those symptoms are? i’m very hurt and pissed off this is all happening again.

• Roddy

At 19 you are an adult and your doctors CANNOT give any information about you to your parents without your written permission. This is called medical confidentiality. If your mother did call him to ask, he is legally obliged to tell her that he cannot divulge anything about your examination or treatment.

You're 19. Your doctor cannot tell your mom anything without your permission.

That said, if you are on your parents' insurance, they will receive an EOB that includes testing.

• Sammy6 months agoReport

she knows i’m getting tested but she doesn’t know he and i had sex again she thinks it’s a re-test for the gonnorhea 3 months ago.