sam
Lv 6
sam asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 5 months ago

Christian, Doctor David Mackereth refused to call 'a 6ft bearded man' (madam) and he has now been sacked. Is this right or wrong?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Wrong. Perhaps if/when the patient had transitioned and changed their documents to reflect it. Until then the christian name would have sufficed. How do they deal with people who believe they are a unicorn or something... do they call them "it"?

• 5 months ago

Of course its wrong!

• 5 months ago

It was a hypothetical question, so he didn't refuse to call anyone anything.

• 5 months ago

Wrong...if he was Muslim they would not dare sack him

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is wrong that the NHS is wasting our money on cases like this.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Wrong, so wrong.......

• 5 months ago

I would call a 6 ft bearded man anything he liked...why not....but in my mind I might hold him in complete contempt. People should get over all this stuff...its just a modern take on the 'Emperors new clothes' parable.

• 5 months ago

It's one thing to be gay but quite another to pose as women just to get into women's bathrooms as many do.Being a bearded woman is a bit bizarre. If they want to be thought a woman then surely they would at least shave? And of course it's wrong to sack this doctor.

EDIT but why call patients anything ? I hate being called "Sir"

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

"Centre manager James Owen denied this — telling the tribunal there had been no such ‘bearded man’ discussion, nor had Dr Mackereth been suspended or sacked.

Describing the meeting, Mr Owen said: ‘I asked the claimant if he would respect the customer’s wish to be referred to by their chosen sexuality and name and would he convey that in his written report.

‘The claimant categorically stated that he would not do that due to his beliefs and he could not put that in a report as his conscience would not allow that. The claimant also stated that he understood that his behaviour could be offensive.’

Mr Owen told the tribunal, which ended on Friday, that ‘at no point was the claimant asked not to come back into work’, and added that he ‘respected his wishes not to work’.

It is wrong to grandstand and bilk the NHS for an unwarranted pay off.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's very wrong. It's time these trannies and such like were treated as the nutters that they are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.