Connor asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 months ago

Is 5”8” too short for a High school defensive end?

I want to play DE for my school next year but I was wondering if I am too short to be taking seriously as a good d-lineman, I know my height is nit ideal, and if I am too short to start I would rather try my luck somewhere else in the defence.

Favorite Answer

Not if your coach puts you there. There is no height requirement; you just have to be one of the two best on your team.

• RICK

Why no its not

I played OL at 5' 6"

Russell Wilson is 5'2" WITH cleats (the platform kind).

• Cu Tie

Personally, I do not believe that your best fit is at defensive end. Based on your height, I believe that the best fit for you is at strong safety. You have the ideal height for a high school freshman strong safety.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this summer (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch strong safety in high school football, who could go on to play college football in the future.

Yesterday you were 5'8", 317 lb. I'm surprised you can even tie your cleats let alone be in good enough shape to make it to the field from the locker room.

• Connor7 months agoReport

That was a mistake bro

You gotta be super fast and jump high. Are you athletic enough ?

Sorry for the typos 😂😅