Is it a good idea to propose on New Year's Eve?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Kind of tacky to do it on NYE

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

It will certainly be a great memory for all NYE celebrations for the rest of your lives.

Ask yourself: does she want a public or private proposal. Then, make it happen.

Any day is a good day to propose. But, if I knew I was going to propose, I would have a hard time keeping it a secret and acting nonchalant every time from now until then, when weddings or marriages are mentioned in day to day life happenings. NYE is over 5 months away. Stay cool dude.

• edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I proposed Christmas Eve, Midnight. New Years Eve...there’s just too much going on, i could drop the ring or something

• 6 months ago

Yes it is a great idea or sooner.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Any day is a good day to propose.

• 6 months ago

Before you make that final decision make sure you pray to God to show you the most clearest sign if that person you are interested in is the right person for you to marry or if they are not the right person to marry. Remember this is an important decision in your life that will determine your happiness so just make sure you get that final approval from God by asking God to show you a sign

• tony
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

why not..new beginnings and fireworks.propose in ny when they drop the ball.

Attachment image
  • 6 months ago

Oh, yeah. This carries the obvious connotation that you definitely expect the marriage to be the beginning of something new, fresh and exciting!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The only time one should propose is when one is absolutely positive the answer will be yes. So if you've been dating for several years and talking about marriage then your NYE proposal might make a nice memory for you both. But if you're springing it on someone who hasn't already indicated a desire to marry you you could be tainting NYE for both of you for the rest of your lives.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i think it is if thats what you want to do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.