Is my sister a lesbian?

My sister (age 17) has posters of Ellen Degerass tacked up all over her room. She dresses like Ellen and tries to act like her. 1 & 1/2 year ago she cut her hair and has been wearing it just exactly like Ellen. She never had a boyfriend in her life. She flirts with our cousin who is beautiful. She also thinks she can dance (just like Ellen) and she tries to be funny. She IS funny but she can't be a comedian because our parents are making us go to college after we gradguate high school. We are actually step sisters and the same age (even born in same month) and are starting senior year so we aren't little kids. That's why I'm so concerned about her. She is too old to be copying a celebrity. Everybody at school will think she is gay. What can I do to make her snap out of it?

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

So what if she IS a lesbian? Lots of females are. It doesn't matter.

If she really wants to be a comedian, and she's really talented, of course she could. Even comedians go to college!

I suggest you mind your own business and stop trying to influence your sister.

When people reach a certain stage in their lives, they start to try to find out who they are and this can involve copying people they see as role models because they look up to them. I don't see this as in any way harmful.

you should grow up

You have very stereotypical views of lesbians. Just because your sister dresses like Ellen, doesn't mean she's a lesbian. She could just be a huge fan of her and admires her style

Cutting her hair short will make people think she’s lesbian?

You can't tell what her sexuality might be just because she likes some TV celebrity. You like some male TV celebrities...does that mean you want to be male? No, it doesn't. The fact that she thinks Ellen is cool doesn't say anything about sexuality. And what business is that of YOURS in the first place? None.

Sisters traditionally get engaged in trying to force each other to assume a certain role, for their own, respective purposes. They do the same thing with their mothers, and their mothers do it back to them. It all turns out to be a complete (and I mean COMPLETE) waste of their time and effort. Your sister will be whatever she will be, and you can't mold that to suit you - and unless she's thinking about being a drug addict or a sex slave, you shouldn't be poking your nose into her process of growing up, while YOU have your OWN growing up to do.

She just has a heart for Ellen