Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 5 months ago

Can you mix antifreeze with stop leak oil?

My car has a mild leak in one of the hoses. So I didnt know what else to do but fill half of the jug with antifreeze to keep the temperature cool and filled up the other half with stop leak to temporarily seal the hose. Is that okay to mix that stuff

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Scott
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

No dummy. You REPLACE THE HOSE.

• 5 months ago

It is physically possible, but ALWAYS the wrong thing to do.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Radiator stop leak or engine stop leak? In any case it a hose is leaking it is easier to replace the hose than do all what you want to do.

• 5 months ago

The thing you do is spend $20 on a new hose and two new hose clamps (stainless steel)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Two words - EPIC FAIL

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sounds like a great idea - let us know how it works!

• 5 months ago

Friend if you can't afford to replace the hose drain the fluid out into a bucket so that the hose goes empty let it sit there empty with the radiator cap off for a few hours then go get a tube of clear silicone rubber from the auto parts store the kind that smells like vinegar.

Sandpaper the area that has the little hole in it.

Then put the tube right up to the hole and squeeze the tube hard so that it forces some of that silicone rubber through the hole into the other side of the rubber hose leave a little bit of silicone where the hole is. Let it cure overnight. If you did that right you no longer have a hole it's permanently patched. Now put your fluid back in and start saving money so you can replace hoses that go bad.

• 5 months ago

Replacing the hose is almost as easy, and more permanent

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i wouldnt do it if you dont know, i would ask a rnechanic to look at it

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Replace the hoses.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

This answer is so correct that I don't need to add anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.