Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 6 months ago

Why do men expect women to put out on first date?

and the only reason why a man would pay for a woman's first date meal is cause he thinks it will help him get into her pants.

so why do expect it?

Favorite Answer

I think men and women are hopeful on the first day. Men want that sexual connection (or release depending on if the guy is capable of intimacy or not) and women want that romantic connection (or that easy access to his wallet depending on if the girl is capable of intimacy or not). I think expectations are normal but they do ruin things.

Because I feel that if I cant get a woman to put out on the first date then the chances of her putting out after that get slimmer and slimmer.

And many men dont know this but the longer you wait to get a woman in the sack the higher the chance that your relationship with her will go nowhere. Women wont say this, they'll just either friendzone a man or begin to hold him at arms length and limit the amount of time she spends with him.

Ultimately the relationship will fissle out as no one is getting anywhere. I dont know why this is but it just seems like that is how it is.

Source(s): .56
    • Jasmine

That's not true for a lot of women, by the way. I was with my boyfriend for several months before I felt ready to sleep with him. Ten years later we're still together and we have a really great, healthy sex life.

I don’t think every man pays for a women’s meal because he expects to get some; there are good men out there. A lot do though, and it’s because society has created this idea that woman have to behave a certain way to appease men. I don’t want to blame all men for this because most of them didn’t just develop this idea that women owe them something, a lot of them grew up being taught things like this. The only way this mentality will change is if we start teaching boys from a young age that they can’t just have whatever they want from a woman.

Its their job that´s why!

• Foofa

People will usually try to get away with whatever someone else will let them get away with. In general males are more capable of enjoying sex with strangers because their arousal responses aren't so tied to things like emotion and feeling safe as they are for females. But this is why smart women NEVER let a guy pay for her until she's ready to let the relationship become physical. The perils to taking a guy's money then denying him sex are just too real. Women have been raped and beaten to death for this very thing.

• Bill

So do you just do free dates on the first date or something? Splitting the bill doesn't really get you out of your problem and paying the bill will drive a lot of men off, so that really only leaves you with free dates.

You are a young man and your priorities will change over time. Women, be patient. A man who desires only sex with you can never be a real man.

• Bill

Because a good number of women actually do give out on the first date. If women didn't regularly give out on the first date men would stop expecting it.

Also, I always pay for the date and I never expect or want sex on the first date.