Males please answer if you’ve been badly hurt in the past / cheated on and suffered a lot of loss. How hard is it for you to love again?

What would you need to make you feel like you could take the plunge, if you could trust again and to not feel scared? If a woman cared about you what could she do to gently attract you to her?

I can never love or trust 100%. I always have some reservations. I do not show it, except some people have called me "reserved" or even "stoic". It wasn't just one time that caused this. There were was several, including a long term marriage, where she decided to leave and move in with her boyfriend. We were often touted as "the perfect couple"!!!!

• chris

When I was 44, my wife of 14 years died in her sleep (From drugs and alcohol) at a friends house. (According to the initial police report) Six months later, I got the final report that said it was her boyfriend of 1 1/2 years!

Did it hurt? Yes!

Was I pissed? Yes!

Did it relieve me of any guilt and let me move on? Oh YES! I got a "do over" and I don't feel one bit guilty about it! I was faithful to the end!

Since then, I have had no problem rebuilding my new life! (I'm 57 now)

• chris

As for attraction, just be you and be there! If you have to fake anything to be with someone, it really isn't worth it.