Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Christians, why do you mostly worship Jesus, wouldn't the holy ghost feel a bit left out? Why worship Jesus more than the father?

Update:

@Bill Mac, So why the extra focus on one part of the entity?

Update 2:

@David, 'As to the Holy Spirit, he usually prefers you worship the Father and the Son. He'll stand in the background when you do.' How do you know what it wants?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

God = Father + Son + Holy Spirit = 1 God in three Persons. Worshiping God is worshiping all three Persons.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

That’s the problem with the Trinity doctrine. It leaves out Almighty God Jehovah out of the picture. The confusion in part was caused when God’s name was removed the Bible.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

True Christians worship the only true God Jehovah. Jesus did so.

the holy spirit is not a person. It is God's active force.

Source(s): Bible
  • 7 months ago

What's the difference. You think like a man that these are three different beings. Are your mind, body, and spirit three separate beings or one being?

"If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him." -Jn. 14:7

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

You don't need to mock traditional Christianity. It falls apart under its own weight when compared to the New Testament. Jesus Christ teaches us to worship and pray to his father and our father, his God and our God.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

When one worships any of the Three Divine Persons, he is worshiping God. A person can better comprehend the Mystery of the Trinity by reciting daily and with care 7 Hail Marys, one each while meditating on each of the Seven Sorrows of the Virgin Mary. Further information about this devotion is available online.

• David
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

MORE than the Father? No one worships Jesus MORE than the Father. But if you aren't worshiping God the Son, you aren't worshiping God the Father either.

As to the Holy Spirit, he usually prefers you worship the Father and the Son. He'll stand in the background when you do.

• 7 months ago

Obviously, you misunderstand... all three are one and the same... not separate entities.

• 7 months ago

those of The True Christian Faith are not to worship Jesus.... nor are we to pray to Jesus....... ALL worship and prayer is to be made to God

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Jesus said "when you see me you see the father .

He wanted to say " when you see me you see the ghost

but that would of sounded sillier than usual since we all know ghost are invisible .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.