Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 6 months ago

Undecided major help ??

So I’ll be starting at a community college this fall, for an associate’s degree and then I’m transferring to a 4 year college. When I applied to this community college, I put my major as “Liberal Arts- Social Sciences and Humanities”. However, I have to register for classes soon & I’m thinking of changing that major because people say a degree in liberal arts isn’t worth it. I’m really undecided on what I want to do. I kinda would want an office job, working as an administrative assistant/secretary in a law firm or medical office. Would changing my major to business administration be good for this? My college also offers business administration in healthcare management. Is this a good career path?

I was also thinking of doing physical therapy assistant or something in the medical field but is that too difficult? Someone please help :(

You don't really need to declare a major if you're planning on transferring to a 4 year school. You take the general education courses- English, math, science, etc. A business administration program might be different. I disagree about liberal arts degrees- English majors have been hired at a faster rate than engineering majors for the past 10 years or so, as companies value communication skills. But the business administration in healthcare is a good field- people are always going to need hospitals and hospitals always need administrators. Physical therapy requires specialized training, but not a four year degree.