Security Clearance for army issues?

So I need top secret security clearance for my mos and im in the process of getting it. (i ship out to basic in 12 days). However, weed was something in my past. I didnt smoke personally but my friends did and i joked about it a lot. I actually was even in the wrong place at the wrong time and got in trouble for... show more So I need top secret security clearance for my mos and im in the process of getting it. (i ship out to basic in 12 days). However, weed was something in my past. I didnt smoke personally but my friends did and i joked about it a lot. I actually was even in the wrong place at the wrong time and got in trouble for being around that stuff at my school when i was in college. Anyway, my friend was being interviewed for my clearance and they came out by saying hey we know about the marijuana. He panicked and when they asked him if i smoked he said he didnt know maybe 2-3 times a week and he told me. Naturally i panicked as well but I talked to my recruiter and he said that it wont affect my clearance unless he said he specifically saw me doing it. (he didnt go to my college and said that to the interviewer). My recruiter also said that the write up at my school doesnt matter as well because i didnt get in trouble for smoking per se but there was just paraphinelea in the room at the time. So, am i completely screwed? or is what my recruiter said true and my mos is safe. was it just a scare tactic with my friend or is it possible they actually knew something?
3 answers 3