Claira asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

what are the best ways to lose weight? What pills, exercise, or foods do you eat? How do you control portion when you re a food lover?

I weigh about 225 and have struggled to lose weight all my life. I have done all the crazy fad diets and I ve tried some of the pills like Garcia Camboga but I ll lose less than 10 pounds and gain it all back and then some. When I was in college, I walking a lot to class and went to the gym 3 times a week to walk lightly on a treadmill for an hour, no extreme exercise or dieting and lost almost 20lbs in 4 months and weighed 155. I have always loved food and sweets and am terrible at portion control.

My senior year of college my sister passed away and I fell into despair. It s been two years and I ve gained 70lbs. I am so upset but food comforts me. I am a teacher so I do run around 4.5 hours a day with students but as soon as I m home I m so exhausted that I sleep.

Went to the doctor and my thyroid works at 1.48, the acceptable range is .55-5.6, so I am less than half of the average person being somewhere around 3.

Can anyone help me. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin and would love to lose 75lbs :(

Favorite Answer

For one thing ... sweets normally make you want to drink lots of water . Same goes for salty foods . Sugar and salt tend to retain water . So when you eat salty and sugary things ,you drink more water than you normally would..... water which that salt and sugar keeps in your body thus making you feel and look fat . It is more complex than what I just wrote but it plays big part and that is what I would look into in your place . Avoid sweets not because they are fattening but because they retain water in your body . Eat foods that are not salty or use much less salt when cooking not because foods that you eat are fattening but because salt in them retain water in your body .

as long as you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight.

though, what you eat is 90% of the whole thing. make sure you get the right nutrition and keep an eye on your diet/intake!

It took a while for me to figure out what to do with all information on the internet but finally, I found a natural remedy that I add to my morning routine just to get a good start on my day :)

I found the link again (I forgot where I found it in the first place) and here it is; http://healthymotivationtips.site/natural-video

but If you want to train as well, it is important your body is ready to train and workout. make sure you have a strong core and hip flexors! it is pretty hard to explain in text but try this link and it will make wonders if you try the tips!

http://healthymotivationtips.site/strength

Your thyroid is still within the normal range so it's acceptable.

You have been trying to lose weight through fad diets, that's never going to work, same w pills.

As long as you don't work on your emotional issues that make you eat in order to get emotional comfort and you change your eating habits, the weight will stay.

Start small, simple. Eat more vegetables. Drink more water. Toss the sodas. Eat in smaller plates and get rid off the idea you are going to lose the weight in a jiffy. You need to start building new eating habits.

Source(s): I'm a Dietitian.
    • - Mé -

see? you got this! Congrats!
      Hit me up if you want further advice. I'll give you a discount ;)

Eat healthy food only. That's it. Sound simple? That's because it is. If the food has a commercial, don't eat it. Real food isn't advertised. The way I try to explain it to people is if it was eaten in the 1800s then that's what you eat.

And for **** sakes stay away from pills or magic dust!!!

• Claira6 months agoReport

Thanks, that last part made me laugh :)