Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

How come when I sin God answers my prayers?

But when I don't sin he doesn't answer my prayers?

I have struggled with masturbation since I was in jr high school. It was something I tried very hard not to do but it didn't matter what I did, I would always go back to doing it. Now I am 32 yrs old, and I still do it.

I've noticed that since I haven't been doing it, Gos doesn't answer my prayers. But when I would masturbate and ask for forgiveness afterwards, he would always answer my prayers. I just don't get it. So I've decided to start doing it again because I've been praying about certain things but they go unanswered. That never happened when I was doing sinful things.

How come after I sin he blesses me but when I don't sin he doesn't bless me?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Joanne
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

God invented masturbation. Why feel guilty?

• Joanne
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Here's a link that you might find helpful - https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190517015047AABjXsH

• Login to reply the answers
  • Doug
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It probably has something to do with divine mercy and compassion. Perhaps God has a "soft spot" in his heart for habitual offenders. Or perhaps, you're simply mistaken. Lets compare notes on Judgment Day and see how it all turns out.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • 6 months ago

Who is answering your prayers? Is it God, or is it the devil keeping you on side by giving you some of what you what you want, and using that as a snare to keep you in sin?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Onan wasn't masturbating so whoever brings up Genesis 38 is a false teacher to be ignored.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Your understanding is somewhat twisted. The living God is not some sort of vending machine or genie in a lamp that readily grants your desires and wishes.

• 6 months ago

Tell these "claimed Christians" AGAIN that

"GOD RAINS ON THE JUST AND THE UNJUST" (Matthew 5:45) while they are believing "GOD answered my prayers because I am Holy."

"Masturbation is a waste" and "waste is sinful" according to Scripture.

"Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity" (Colossians 4:5).

"But Onan was not willing to have a child who would not be his own heir. So whenever he had intercourse with his brother’s wife, he spilled the semen on the ground. This prevented her from having a child who would belong to his brother" (Genesis 38:9)..

• 6 months ago

There is no such thing as sin.

Source(s): Spiritual Person
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Conviction . Walking in the word .

Things idiots at cult meetings say .

If you're a Christian then every Christian believes in gods plans

so it's gods plan for you to yank it and answer and not and not answer .

It's also gods plan to not answer prayer unless the cult says he answered .

• 6 months ago

because you are delusional and make connections to things that are not connected at all

• 6 months ago

There is not such thing as sin.

There is no such thing as God.

Golly gee! Ain't life grand? Have at it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.