How long does it take to get your first water bill?

Just bought my first house. The water was transferred into our name by the title company. I have gotten ahold of them and they keep telling me a few days, a few weeks. Ok, that's fine. Just want to know what the average time is to get it? We closed early June, rented back for a month, and as of July 12th, in our complete possession. Just want to know how long you waited for your first water bill, if you can remember, LOL.

Is there normally this much of a lag? I should get something in the mail, right?

Favorite Answer

call the water company and ask...it varies

• Deviant Kitty

Just did, they are monthly, and first one got sent out yesterday. Thanks :)

Our water/sewer company is every 3 months.

• Eva

Water bills are usually issued quarterly, not monthly.

Water bills are 4 times a year. Mine come in December, March, June and September. You can call the water company and ask them when your schedule starts.

Why did the title company get involved with the water company??? That doesn't make any sense and leads me to believe this closing was not handled correctly.

• R P

That depends on the billing cycle for your provider. Some bill monthly and others bill quarterly.

• DEBS

It depends on their billing cycle. This is not information anyone here could give you unless they were blindly making up a number (which people often do here.)

A little over a month. But the title company had nothing to do with it.