why does mine craft run horrible on my system?

I know my specs should be able to run way above 200 fps but runs barley at 60 fps. it says it uses 1.5 gigs of vram

specs

gtx 1060 3gb

i7 7700hx

120gb m.2 drive

1tb ssd

24 gigs of ram dual channel

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

HI.

Could also be that the server You connect to is only feeding You at 60fps.

Or Your'net connection speed.

G'Luck!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Get a 144hz or 240hz monitor to see the difference or see if vsync is the problem.Background tasks might also be the issue.Try disabling some in task manager

• 6 months ago

If the machine seems capped at 60fps then try checking to see if V-Sync, Adaptive Sync, G Sync is enabled. Disable anything with the name sync in it.

However the reasoning for having this enabled is to prevent screen tearing.

If that doesn’t work then reduce the amount of mods you have running since this will tax the CPU and then lower framerates when the Render thread is competing with other threads.

In order to make use of getting more than 60fps, you would need a 144hz or 240hz Display. Bear in mind that a high refresh rate Display is only beneficial when the screen is in motion, which is why these high refresh rate displays are popular for esports/fps, and fast paced action games.

However higher Framerates have also been known to reduce input lag in games like CS:GO and other games.

• 6 months ago
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lv 7
    6 months ago

uh, dude? your display cannot run at 200fps (200Hz), so how is it even possible?

the human eye cannot see more than 60fps, so what is the problem here?

if you want it to run that high, decrease the render distance, or use fewer mods.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because your computer is a crappy notebook.

• Alex
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Check to make sure you’re running the most up-to-date drivers.

If this was a newly built system...Windows has a lot of drivers and that may have fooled you into thinking it’s all right and done...but until you get the proper drivers in, performance will take a hit.

And not just the Video Card...but the MoBo drivers. One of them might optimize the data flow through the expansion slots

That’s just one of many possibilities. But it’s also the easiest to sort out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.