What can I do to help my mom?

Almost 3 months ago my 18-year-old sister, Victoria, suddenly passed away. She was playing at the high school track with friends when she collapsed. She was then pronounced dead at the hospital. The doctors told my parents it appeared that her heart had just stopped. They recommended an autopsy, but my parents... show more Almost 3 months ago my 18-year-old sister, Victoria, suddenly passed away. She was playing at the high school track with friends when she collapsed. She was then pronounced dead at the hospital. The doctors told my parents it appeared that her heart had just stopped. They recommended an autopsy, but my parents refused. Now almost 3 months later, the not-knowing is killing them. Especially my mom. She’s talked about having Victoria exhumed, she’s talked about having the friends she was with questioned, she’s losing her mind in a sense. The rest of us just want Victoria to rest in peace. We have no reason to believe her death was caused by anything besides her heart. Sure an autopsy would’ve been good, but the time for that came and went. I guess what I’m asking is, how can I help my mom? I want her to move on and continue living life for Victoria. Not be stuck constantly wondering.
12 answers 12