Kate asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

How long to wait for a text message before making other plans?

So I asked my friend if she wanted to grab food later on today. But she hasn't responded yet and it's been an hour. I'm not one to expect replys back right away. However I have to go out to an appointment later and as I do not drive and live about an hour and half bus ride away from the city she is in I don't want to come home after my appointment just for her to text me and say she can go. This is also because the bus service is bad from my house.

So my question is how long do I give her to respond before it is acceptable for me to cancel on her if she does reply? Also what can I say to her that doesn't sound like I'm being rude?

Thanks in advance :)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Diyah
    Lv 4
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Text " ah darn, looks like I have an appointment I can't get out of. But I do want to hang out, when are you free? "

Simple (:

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It doesn't matter really.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Never cancel dinner plans with a text message......call instead

• tony
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It would be different if she has said, "Actually, I'm just not feeling it tonight let's reschedule." But to say, "maybe, I'll let you know" and then never responding creates a situation in which I feel like I can't make other plans in the event that this person texts me back and actually wants to hang out

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Call her. Whatever happened to calling someone i wonder.

• 6 months ago

So don't text! PHONE her. That way you know there won't be any delay in her receiving your message.

PHONE HER.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Try calling. Phones have multiple uses. Believe it or not, the phone was originally developed for voice to voice interaction.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.