I embarrassed my boyfriend and he broke up with me?

My boyfriend and I work together.For the past 4 months I was helping my boyfriend even though we don’t live together. He hit a tough spot with his bills and I’ve been tying to help him as much as I can. I gave him money for the light bill and water bill in April. I gave him gas money a few times too. But 2 months... show more My boyfriend and I work together.For the past 4 months I was helping my boyfriend even though we don’t live together. He hit a tough spot with his bills and I’ve been tying to help him as much as I can. I gave him money for the light bill and water bill in April. I gave him gas money a few times too. But 2 months ago my boyfriend had received his hospital bill in the mail for being sick and he told me they were going to start to garnish his check because he couldn’t afford the payments.
So i started working overtime at work to help him get his debt down. He asked me to take out a loan for him because his credit cards were all maxed out but it didn’t get approved so I started working more hours to try and make up for the lack of income. My friend asked me why was I working so much lately and I told my best friend at work that a i was helping my boyfriend with the bills until my birthday came. I told her he doesn’t have the motivation to work OT so I’m just trying to help him until he gets hisself sorted out. And i told her i didn’t want him borrowing money from other people so i rather look out for him She went back and told my boyfriend what I said and he dumped me and I’m not sure what I did.
Two weeks later he texts me to tell me he met another woman and that he left me because i told his business??!?
TL:DR; I’m confused idk what i did