Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

What's wrong with "America- Love it or leave it", anyways?

Update:

You cant CHANGE your country- It's voter-proof and democracy-proof, too!

You can't eave because the other countries are CLOSED!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

It's meant to stifle anyone who has a complaint. It is meant to take away the freedom for those with views that differ from yours to engage in democracy and freedom of speech. People have the right to attend city council meetings. They have the right to publicly express their viewpoints. They have the right to protest. They have the right to organize. They have the right to form unions. We do not live under a dictatorship.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Absolutely nothing........

• 6 months ago

That little slogan just sounds stupid! America is not stupid.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sometimes you can create a nation so onerous, inhumane, and dangerous that many sober people would choose to leave, like Fascist/Nazi nations of the past.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Well for one thing, if we truly applied that logic, then people who disliked the country or some aspect of the country would leave, taking their ideas about how to make our country BETTER with them.

I always thought the slogan should be, "America: Love it or work to make it better." I think that's more in keeping with what the founders of this country intended. They didn't intend to banish or exile anyone who disagreed with the status quo. They created mechanisms for change. They wanted the country to adapt to changing circumstances through adoption of new legislation. What they didn't want was a monolithic government that demanded blind obedience.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

How does the Squad's position differ from Trump's in 2016. They are trying to Make America Great Again - - by getting rid of Trump.

• 6 months ago

I am a bit more rational in my approach to the idea. I do not think you have to love the US in order to stay, that is your choice. But if you demand that the rest of us change to suit your desires, then, it's time for you to leave.

• 6 months ago

If you kicked out everyone who talked sh|t about America, we wouldn't have a president right now.

• Chris
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Excessive diversity is a serious weakness in a society. Rampant, uncontrolled “migration” has caused this situation to arise in America.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nothing. If if just like going to a restaurant and saying how much you hate it. Well if you don't like it then leave because there are a lot of other people that do like that restaurant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.